are an ancient traditional Caucasian dish, which for many years has been in great demand all over the world. The description of these pies can be read even in the Nart epic dating to about the 7th century BC. e. Ossetians usually serve 3 (three) pies stacked on top of each other for the festivities, as this number is a symbol of perfection for them.
The round shape of the pie is the personification of infinity, the cyclical nature of the world order and the cycle of life. But it happens that the Ossetian people bake pies of a triangular shape, indicating stability and fertility.
Ossetian pies are available on order in Kiev from the pie "Three Pies." We guarantee the high quality of our products and fast delivery. Only fresh and hot food with delivery can be truly delicious!
Subtleties of making pies
Today, there are quite a few varieties of Ossetian pies, which differ directly in the filling. On our site in stock you will find a wide range of pies. Since ancient times, cheese pie is considered a classic. No less tasty are meat, sweet and vegetarian pies.
The cooking technology is extremely simple, so the baking process does not take much time. For such pies, only wheat flour is used. Our professional chefs bring to your attention perfectly thin pies with lots of toppings.
How are Ossetian pies prepared?
- Initially prepared dough. It is necessary to dilute a little flour in warm water along with dry yeast, add sugar (1 tsp) and a pinch of salt, then leave the dough for half an hour in a warm place.
- In a large bowl, it is necessary to sift the flour, make a deepening in it, and pour half a liter of heated water (or milk) and a dough there.
- After, the dough is kneaded and left for 2-3 hours in a warm place. In the meantime, you can do the cooking of the filling.
- Cheese can be either fresh or salted. The product is ground in the most convenient way, salt is added to taste. We remind you that the filling can be any (if desired, diluted with sour cream or milk). Meat, vegetables and other ingredients are added to the cheese, depending on individual preferences.
- When the dough has come up, it needs to be laid out on a table (previously dusted with flour), knead and divide into 3 parts, forming small balls from them. Leave the dough for another 5 minutes so that it rises well.
- We proceed to the formation of pies. From the ball of dough, you need to make a cake, in the middle of which lay out and crush the filling a little, tucking the edges of the dough so that a knot is obtained.
- Then the cake is transferred to a suitable diameter of the pan and baked in a preheated oven at 250 degrees for about 3-4 minutes.
- The finished dish is greased with ghee or butter. That's all, the culinary masterpiece is ready!
If you have never tried anything like this before, we strongly recommend ordering pies in Kiev with free delivery from the Three Pies bakery chain.
Every year an increasing number of people turn to us, as we bake not only tasty, but also healthy pies!
The network of Three Pies bakeries can be considered the home of Ossetian pies - this is the place where you can order and buy a real Ossetian pie in Kiev, the price depends not only on the filling, but also on the size of the pie.
Address, we will look forward to!